Liverpool’s Divock Origi Confirms He Will Remain at Lille until the End of the Season

Divock Origi has restated his intention to remain at Lille until the end of the season, despite the Daily Mail’s Dominic King reporting earlier this week that the 19-year-old plans on moving to Anfield in January.

In an interview with the Daily Mail on Thursday, Origi said: “Maybe January, who knows? It is not me who makes the decisions but if the club choose to let me go in January I would go. I would like to join Liverpool then.

“I said that I would stay for the whole season and I wish to remain honorable in that, of course, but if there was a decision by the clubs, I would not say that I would not like to go to Liverpool in January,” he continued.

“Brendan Rodgers is in contact regularly. That makes me feel very good and wanted. And although I agreed to stay with Lille until the end of this season, if there was a chance of joining Liverpool sooner I would take it.”

Luckily for the French club’s supporters though, the Belgium international decided to dispel these rumors after clarifying that he wants to stay at Lille for the rest of the season via Twitter: “Hi guys, I just wanted to clarify after today’s press reports that I will continue to give my all & 100% for Lille over the coming months and I am very much looking forward to joining Liverpool from next season.”

It is understandable that Liverpool are trying to improve their attacking style of play, as both Mario Balotelli and Fabio Borini are simply not good enough to turn things around for the Reds. However, this should not be the reason for Liverpool to spoil Origi’s impressive progression. After all, there is nothing wrong with showing some patience.